Thursday, December 23, 2010

John King Egg Tarts

On one of the occasion, the usual mummy & daddy stomach will go hungry faster than me. At this age? Oh Gosh! I’m IMPRESSED!

I suspect they grew hungry after looking at this John King’s menu, which is very appealing for a short tea-break. Who could resist such temptation when they are used to having tea-breaks?

So their quiet daughter tag as usual, became their official waitress. They told me what they want and I do the ordering over the counter.

I’ve heard a lot over John King’s egg tart, but till now I haven’t try any of them yet. One of it is their Durian Egg Tart, ewww!! I hate Durians! Based on survey, most of other blog mentioned John King’s Egg Tart originates from Hong Kong. We had our tea-break at Berjaya Times Square and if I guess correctly, this should be their first café-style outlet as most of other branch just sell egg tarts over the counter.




Other pastries sold at John King Egg Tarts


I was still full, so I ordered a set of John’s Special Chicken Set and an ala-carte Homeloaf Sandwich with egg.

We were served a glass of “Yin yong” that came with the set. It is much diluted & I would call it sugar drink rather than Yin Yong. It is overly sweet!



The first set came was the John’s Special Chicken Set. They used Polo Bun, and I find it a perfect combination with the chicken patty. I enjoyed this more than the Hong Kong “Kam Wah” Polo Bun. It comes with the usual mayonnaise dressing, lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber.



John's Special Chicken Set at RM 7.90. Looking at this picture, I only realised there's no chips!

The second set came & it looks very pathetic. The bread they used is like those in the days where rotiman came with a bike. The portion was so small, very little eggs and I felt cheated over what was shown on the board. I was so glad I didn’t order this as a Set.




Homeloaf Sandwich with Egg at RM 4.90


Mummy & Daddy enjoying their tea-breaks

I would probably return for the John’s Special Chicken Set only. Else, I would just rather hop into any Subway shop!


Address:

John King Egg Tarts,
K-01-03C, 1st Floor,
Berjaya Times Square,
1 Jalan Imbi,
55100 Kuala Lumpur.

1 comment:

  1. their egg tarts are even worst..not recommended!

    ReplyDelete